IVF / ICSI
Affordable IVF treatment and ICSI in Bangkok
IVF [In Vitro Fertilization]
An Assisted Reproductive Technique (ART) which eggs and sperm are collected and combined in the laboratory.
ICSI [Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection]
There are not many differences in references to scan, blood test and ovarian stimulation process. However, they are not exactly the same technique.
Regarding IVF, sperm and egg are fertilized by itself. Sperm move to egg and hatch by themselves which is different from ICSI. In the case of ICSI, a single sperm is injected directly to an egg by embryologist. Therefore, the fertilization rate is surely increased and also help the low motility sperm to fertilize with egg.
IVF vs ICSI: Which one is better?
For male factor infertility such as low sperm count, low motility, ICSI is the best choice. However, even the case without any problem with sperm quality, ICSI is conducted due to the better fertilization rate as the embryologist help to inject the sperm into the egg. Moreover, there is no extended charge for ICSI, the price is all the same as IVF. So why don’t we choose ICSI?
Who is suitable for ICSI treatment?
Mostly, ICSI is always recommended for the couple who have the problem with sperm quality as follows;
– Low sperm count
– High proportion of abnormality shape (Low morphology)
– Azoospermia (No sperm contains in semen)
– Vasectomy or vasectomy reversal is failed
– All patients who need to retrieve the sperm surgically (TESE or PESA)
Moreover, ICSI is also considered to be used in the case of;
– Patient who needs the chromosome screening performed on the embryos
– Low fertilization rate or failed fertilization with convention IVF
– Unexplained infertility
Solution for recurrent unsuccessful IVF/ICSI treatment
The consequences of IVF/ICSI treatment depend on many factors such as the condition of womb, the quality of embryos etc. However, doctor usually recommends hysteroscopy to investigate the womb. Moreover, some supplements are recommended for unhealthy sperm and egg.
After all these attempts, womb condition and egg/sperm quality cannot be improved. The next solution is;
– Surrogacy: if the patient who cannot carry the baby because of poor womb condition or health problem.
– Egg donor: if woman partner is unable to produce healthy egg.
– Sperm donor: if sperm cannot be retrieved by TESE or PESA.
Good IVF practice involves:
- Detailed patient medical history and pre-treatment investigations
- Preparation of both the female and male to optimize gamete (egg and sperm) quality
- Stimulation of the female to grow more follicles in order to collect eggs from the ovary
- Insemination of the eggs with specifically prepared and selected sperm (ICSI)
- Culture of the embryos to the blastocyst stage of development
- Embryo transfer of developmentally competent embryos back to the female
- Embryo freezing for all competent embryos
- Embryo biopsy – where indicated – for genetic testing of embryos
First Fertility Clinic Group looks to optimize all steps in the IVF process in order to achieve the best results.
The procedure involves surgically removing several eggs from a woman’s ovaries for fertilization with sperm that have been specifically selected due to showing high performance. At First Fertility Center we use a clean room to carry this procedure in order to avoid any foreign bacteria coming into contact with the eggs.
In modern IVF practices doctors are now able to help the couple or individual involved in the IVF process increase the success rate. Also, the technological advancements in IVF have meant that we can tell you the gender of the embryo for medical reasons and avoid other problems such as the risk of Down syndrome.
Once the specific embryo(s) has been identified as having the best success rate, transfer back to woman’s womb where the embryo will develop into a healthy baby.
Bangkok is one of the most experienced and best equipped infertility centers in Asia which has help thousands of coupled achieve their dream of having baby.